Wednesday, December 24, 2008

character growth through life


The past few weeks have been interesting at our house. Unexpectedly we were thrown back into the world of stress from unexpected and unwanted home repairs. I know that if you have followed our toneylife story you are saying we should expect them, yet, me being the eternal optimist, I dont. All that to say, we found ourselves again n the midst of changes and upgrades and repairs.

We have all rejoiced in the toilet upgrades that occured last week after the previous one did not do its duty and Dad had enough. there is joy in knowing that we shall soon pack away the plungers and flush without thought. We have come to appreciate the simple act of turning on the hotwater knob on the sink or shower, as for now ours is not working. Yet, even in that I have learned that perseverence has its benefits. We have had ongoing communication with the home warranty folks and finally see some resolution in the works- yeah!

I have weathered the new series of leaks with mixed response. At this point I think I am in resignation phase- as there is nothing to be done until something is done. I had a phone call that made me wonder what would occur and then another call brought word that the chimney will be reflashed- properly and I believe that will solve the present leak issue. When asked I am honest in sharing my weariness yet also understanding that it is not an issue that can be solved when it is cold or wet as the pitch is steep.

It has been a month of trial, for this patient weary soul. I dont feel that I have weathered all of the storm well- as i have cried on the phone in frustration more than i ever want to- which is never. yet maybe the folks on the other end needed to hear the tears???

I have gained insight that it is easy to be outside a situation and not ever get the depth of the struggle that is occuring within the folks in the situation. I never fully understood the challenge of being without hotwater until ours was not readily available. a slide show at church helped me to realize that having running water at home is a blessing so my perspective has shifted to gratitude for clean running water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, please share your thoughts.