Thursday, December 4, 2008

Things I love about my husband, a start anyway


In recent months the buzz has been about the movie "Fireproof". I expect it is a great movie, we have yet to see it. I flipped through the book that is related to the it- the Love Dare in a bookstore while on vacation, but have yet to read it. Even just in the flipping of pages I began to understand the gist of paying attention to the spouse, being deliberate in our words and deeds and attitude, not asuming that the message of love was being understood without action.

This morning I thought about how often there are things we think about our husband or children that we don't take time to write down. How often do I or you speak of our love and delight as compared to the frustrations and disappointments? To that end I have begun a "what I love about my husband list"

Already it has been a blessing to me, to reflect upon the man who I have shared life with and continue to delight in doing say daily for the rest of our lives. Perhaps you will consider the loves of your life and the delight they are to you, and express it to them as well.

Things I love about my husband


  1. he is funny
  2. he loves God
  3. he is a hard worker
  4. he has a tender heart
  5. he is hairy, furry, fuzzy and prickly
  6. he likes his bedwarmer even when she isnt warm
  7. he loves his woobies, year after year
  8. he enjoys a good cup of coffee
  9. he reads the daily paper
  10. he can fix almost anything
  11. he has become more than I could ever imagined he'd be 27 years ago
  12. he is committed to us
  13. he is planning our park bench to sit on when we get old
  14. he loves nature
  15. he feeds the birds
  16. he is a manly, man and shoots squirrels
  17. he buids with his hands
  18. he is real people
  19. he is computer smart
  20. he surprises me with compassion towards his wayward when I am not compassionate
  21. he pokes his prickly one
  22. he enjoys soaking in the tub
  23. he remembers lessons of life and is changed by them
  24. he appreciates little things
  25. he is willing to serve his country
  26. he is generous with his time, talents and blessings
  27. he likes to mow the lawn and cut down trees
  28. he has rough hands, workers hands though he has a desk job these days
  29. he has great lips
  30. he prays with me
  31. he prays for his kids
  32. he worries when any of us are sick or ill
  33. he snuggles well
  34. he wears jeans and flannel shirts
  35. he likes the muppets
  36. he indulges his kids, even though he was not indulged as a child
  37. he is stubborn
  38. he is silly
  39. he is a dad
  40. he is mine!
  41. he is responsible
  42. he is respected by his coworkers
  43. he is loyal
  44. he has brown eyes
  45. he still has his teddybear from childhood
  46. he takes yearly pictures with each child on their birthday
  47. he likes to camp
  48. he builds campfires
  49. he smokes turkey in the woods, giving us an new thanksgivign tradition
  50. he leaves the woods in compassion towards a sick wife
  51. he keeps his work phone in the bathroom, not our bedroom
  52. he calls me before heading home, in case I need anything
  53. he loves me
  54. we have shared 27 + years together as friends, we share life history
  55. he has blessed me with world travel
  56. he has cared for me well
  57. he has always provided for my needs
  58. he helps me with my gardening
  59. he lets me be hyper and loves me when I am worn out
  60. he has weathered the "money pit" storm waves
  61. he drives a diesel truck
  62. he wears work boots
  63. he rides a motorcycle
  64. he loves my family
  65. he has a twin brother

3 comments:

  1. wow those are really good! except for 29 that's really gross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said!! The smiles were getting bigger and bigger as I read through the list. Now I should go get my own list written. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i made an account so i could comment.

    umm...29 is really gross!! eeewwwww!!!

    but 65...i've met him. he's cute!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, please share your thoughts.