Thursday, January 15, 2009

Never Enough Time

We all get the same amount of time yet for some it is too much in a day, for others there seems to be never enough. Strange how the same allotment can vary so much. Some days I find the hours drag, other days I am stretched to do all I desire.

As I looked over my blog this evening I realized that I have been drawn away from writing by the instant fun of facebook. We have found it a place to reconnect with friends from as far back as high school and as recent as the neighbor across the street. Daily it draws us in to see what is happening in the lives of our friends and relatives as well as check on recent pics that are posted.

Another time sucker for me is my quilting projects. I am having fun mixing colors and fabrics and creating blessings for some of the gals in my family. What fun to plan a surprise or conspire with them as they share favorite colors and activites. Sometimes I have to imagine what will delight, other times I realize that for a neglected loved one, the blessing of something made for them alone is such a rare treat that it will bless just by being given. So, my spare minutes are being used in the sewing room with great joy.

All that to say I have been neglecting my writing. My daughter drew my attention back to my blog with the encouragement to update the status of life here, as it has changed. She is finding life a bit different these days as she is now gainfully employed full time. It was a God job- one He arranged the connections and conversations and timing on.

Just as folks were heading back to school and she was finding time heavy on her hands she was called, interviewed and hired. At present it is a month project, yet we wonder if more may follow. She is getting a taste of the business world and working at a job that is not of a favorite occupation, yet pays $$ and gives good skills background. So, she is earning college $$ and learning about life in a different direction. Some days I am sure she wishes for the leisure of home, yet soon enough she'd be wishing for something to fill her days.... so on she types, and sorts and files and enters the adult world ranks.

So, any readers who stop in now and again, sorry for the neglect. The words within are piling up and facebook isnt quite the forum for reflection that toneylife provides so I will be working on time management skills within.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, please share your thoughts.