Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why am I always surprised?

Why am I always surprised when God answers a prayer? When what we hope for comes into being? when it comes back as good news rather than difficulty ahead?

This morning I received a call from my sister in law with the great news of the sucessful surgery on a family member. What could have been majorly invasive and dibiltating was a fairly routine procedure and limited - ectomy. What could have been cancer was benign. What could have been crisis is no longer, rather a recovery. In all this I rejoice. I had not realized the weight of my concern until it was gone and the lightness within.

I am thankful for the good report, for the recovery without further procedures, for the hopes being given life. I am thankful that God was merciful in this unknown situation. I am renewed in my faith that God answers prayers and He cares for those I care for.

I like surprises, and I will continue to take them and enjoy the joyfulness that come with them!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for your family member. I want you to know that I asked for a sign that I was making the right decision of job changing....it is a pay cut and will be an adjustment....I lost my office key that I have had for the past 5 yrs. I think that sums it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, please share your thoughts.